Thursday, March 31, 2011

A bit of Easter

I have a confession to make....

I seem to be obsessed with metallic spray paint. It started when I bought a side table with a really cool shape, but I could not repaint or refinish it well, since the top was a scratched laminate. So, I decided to spray paint the whole thing brushed nickel.


I have this great mirror I want to put above the couch and I can't decide if it should be white or metallic! I also found some pewter metallic paint on clearance at Lowe's. I used to update this kitty frame that has a picture of our old cat, Hunter. I know the photo is blurry, but it's so cute.


I got out my Easter deco stuff, which is not much. Instead of rocking the pastel eggs again this year, I decided to give them a facelift....along with some egg-shaped felt cutouts I bought at the craft store:


Added to the mantle....with some faux forsythia bushes.


I am dying to add some real forsythia to my yard! Here are the eggs and felt cutouts up close:




This teapot was passed on to me from my mom's cousin from the farm up in SoDak (South Dakota). I thought it looked great for another pop of yellow.


We've had some new additions around the house. More to follow!

1 comment:

Tulip and Turnip said...

Looks great! I love those faux forsythias. Nothing says Spring like forsythia bushes!