Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mirror, mirror on the wall

For some reason, I seem to have been obsessed with mirrors lately....I have spent a lot of time looking at mirrors in stores and on Craigslist. I had a successful mirror redo with this baby...


I've got an art idea for the surrounding area that will materialize most likely once school is out for the summer...

And...we repainted the hall bath upstairs and took down the sheet mirror (which I donated to the ReStore). Well, I have not been able to decide on a replacement. As you can see, I took this pic in January and still we have no mirror.



I kind of like a simple white wood frame, but they have these really cool mirrors with a natural wood, bleached look at HomeGoods that I keep coming back to....I should probably just buy one.

Finally, here is a mirror for the dining room that I bought off Craigslist:


This mirror is huge. I almost could not get it in my car to come home. I bought it in March and it sat on the dining room table until mid-April. It did get some new paint then. First, I sanded it down with a sanding block.



I tried first to use one of those little samples of paint from the hardware store, but the color the paint guy chose didn't match my spray paint. So, I ended up doing two coats of flat paint, then a coat or two of spray paint.


I really like the detail at the top! And the finished product...



I've got some other things to do in that room to tie in the grey and yellow, along with some other projects brewing.

I had a busy weekend here, but so much fun and I will have lots to share this week.  : )

The DIY Show Off



[image[7].png]

13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks awesome! i love the bold yellow on that shaped mirror! hopped over from diy showoff!

Deborah March said...

Ooooohhh, delicious!!

Tulip and Turnip said...

Fabulous color combo; great mirror!

Lynda@CMsThriftyGems said...

I love it! Very pretty and great color

♥ Miss Tea said...

gorgeous mirror!! i can relate abt mirrors, i love mirrors too but finding the one that is what you want and get it cheaper are another matters hehehe but i loveeeee the huge mirror you makeover, love the detail on top too!!

btw i'm your new follower from homemakeronadime blog hop party!

(http://tea-diary.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

my favorite color combo, grey and yellow!! turned out beautiful!!

Steph @ Birdhouse said...

Very pretty! Good lines and good color combination.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the color you choose. Great project!

Michelle @ The Lazy Novice SAHM said...

I'm visiting from the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop!

Mirror, mirror on the wall, you're the prettiest of them all! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about painting my entry mirror yellow (against a grey wall) but was hesitant. THis looks great and inspires me to paint mine.

JC said...

I love the color! Great job.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Your mirror looks dandy! Thanks for linking this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

Love it! so bright! :)

cinsarah.blogspot.com