Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring has sprung

Well, not technically yet, but we are getting there! We had a busy weekend and the Sunday blues are hitting me earlier and earlier in the day on Sunday these last few weekends. Nothing that some warm weather and a much-needed spring break can't fix. The time change helps, too!

I decided to take down my winter pinecone hanging from the front door (pictured here). In its place, I put up my forsythia wreath. It won't be long before those beauties are showing their yellow blooms off in the landscapes. If all goes as planned, I may have a few of those in our backyard, along with some branches to cut for forcing inside next spring!  Here is the wreath:



Charlie and I also bought some pansies for our front door pots. Luckily, once March comes, we can plant some pansies and that gives the green thumb the feeling it's been missing all winter! We picked a mix of yellow and orange:




I do have a paint color in mind for the door....gotta wait until it gets warm enough to keep the door open for several hours to dry.  ; )  I'm really not a fan of the white trim around the little windows at the top, so they'll get the same color as the rest of the door. I'm loving peacock blue these days.

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

Got a solution for our front door, too!

Beer signs. 'Specially that St. Paul- okay, so maybe not.

I'm pretty sure, by the way, that I've never heard/seen the sentence "I'm loving peacock blue these days."