Wednesday, February 9, 2011

S.W.A.K.

One seasonal decor trend I have not fully embraced is any kind of decor for Valentine's Day. I have been known to set out a dish of conversation hearts. And after the big VD, I display the cards on the mantel for a few weeks. Is it wrong that I get a little giggle out of calling it VD?

This year I had the best of intentions by painting some little wooden hearts I had. I already had pink and white, so the rest got painted red. Unfortunately, I ran out of motivation and they have not been strung up anywhere to decorate.

I have, however, enjoyed using preschool art to dress up for the holidays a bit. I figure I have only a short window of time in which my children will enjoy making the art and not be embarrassed by me displaying it. Case in point....


Love is in the air....

No comments: