Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sew what?

I've been home the last two days with Annie, who has had a stomach bug. I do appreciate having a little one-on-one time with my baby girl, even if she is sick! I am pleased, though...without my mind thoroughly engaged in teaching young minds, I've had a chance to percolate a few ideas and projects around here. Can't rest for a minute, can I.....

I finally got around to taking some pics of my new sewing area. I organized this spot a few weeks ago when we had a snow day. This is our spare room that houses a lot of extra storage, project materials, tools and also my new sewing area.


In that shot, you can see the chandelier in the room. This chandelier was a find by my sister in her old apartment building. This room will eventually be Annie's big girl room, so she will have the chandelier.

Here are some frames from Anthropologie my sister also gifted to me. Love them! Not sure they will come with the sewing nook or stay when we redo this room. Perfect for sewing, though!


Here is the sewing area a little closer. I used some cup hooks to hang the mat, ruler and assorted scissors/cutters. I am someday envisioning myself making a skirt for this table.....on my sewing machine. I've got some great ideas for a sewing/guest room!


Yes, I know the room is desperately in need of paint....I'm going craaaazy. But I don't want to paint it twice. This shelf is an oldie but goodie that came from the farm where my grandpa grew up in South Dakota....or SoDak, as we call it.


Our cousin, Marlene, made the framed button display and there is even an old nail original to the shelf to hang the scissors.

The last gem is also an old mirror that Marlene passed on to us...not sure of the origin, my mom would have to confirm! This will be in Annie's room, but I'm not sure if it should be changed over into a bulletin board or chalkboard, maybe? The frame is great, though!


I did use my sewing machine for a new little pretty.....but need to make a stop at Jo-Ann's before I show it off a bit.  :)

1 comment:

Tulip and Turnip said...

It looks fabulous! I just had my first sewing lesson last night...made a valance. I would be sewing a lot more if I could do it in a beautiful room like that! :)