Monday, February 7, 2011

Baubles and beads

You might recall my post about my jewelry box that got a little redo...

http://homedaybook.blogspot.com/2011/01/jewelry-box-redo.html

Well, here it is in action.




I'm really loving how much easier it is to find things once they are sorted a bit! As I was thinking about that recently, I thought I'd also share a few of my other jewelry storage pieces.

I have this key hook rail that I use to display some of my more decorative necklaces. It's definitely more fun to see them on display--nice looking and makes it easier to find. I found this one at Target.


I also made a display box for jewelry:


I bought a plain, unfinished shadowbox at the craft store. The one I chose did not have a glass cover on it. I painted it with a few coats of off-white acrylic paint. I bought some scrapbooking paper that I liked, cut it to size and used spray adhesive to glue it in the back of the frame. I actually did this project AGES ago and just recently hung it up...it got put on the back burner. All it needed was new frame hangers on the back! Then I arranged the jewelry the way I liked, added some bigger-headed (is that a word??) nails and there you go.

Everything else that is not as often used goes in this handy plastic container:



Not the most aesthetically pleasing, but easy to sort and find in different compartments. Maybe Dolly Compartment had one of these...or two...Leah?

As far as jewelry storage goes....I've come a long way, baby!

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

Note to thieves: all the jewelry you see in this post is totally fake. Move along.

I'd like to think bigger-headed is a word. I have many jokes lined up, but I'll refrain.

It's difficult refraining.