Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th

Here we are, the 4th of July is upon us. Although I appreciate a good birthday party, I always think of June-July 4 as the best part of the summer. It's like the first day of a vacation...you have the whole summer laid out, just waiting for you.


My front porch pots

Then, after July 4, the (don't say it......don't) back-to-school sales start up. Yech. It bugs me in the same way that they start putting out Halloween stuff at the end of August.

I guess I shouldn't get too morose. As someone infamous once said, there's a lot of summer left.

We are heading to Myrtle Beach for the next week, for a family affair vacation with my little family and in-laws. We do this yearly. It should be fun!

One thing I like to collect--and have not done much yet to display them--is vintage sheet music. The artwork on the covers is really cool! Here are a few patriotic songs I have, in the spirit of the holiday....


That one is on our study wall. This one will be framed up as a unique gift for my mother-in-law. She is a red, white and blue devotee if I ever saw one.


Enjoy the holiday!

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

What a unique thing to collect. Truly wonderful. For us it seems as though we wet from winter into the heat of summer. We had such a brief spring. Can't believe it's nearly the 4th of July already. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs!