Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Big boy room update

We made a visit to my sister's house this week to bring some items for my nephew's room, which is getting an update. The room was painted a few months ago....


Since then, I've been working on some details for the room. While I was there, we hung the artwork.


The one on the left of the window is my favorite! Also, you can see the new bedding. It is from the Dwell line at Target online. We like how it draws in the blues and also a bit of the brown in the window treatments.

There's a beautiful built-in bookshelf and I've been coming up with some items to dress that up a bit. I'm not totally done, so I am going to show a few things. I'll wait until it's completely styled to show that.

I framed up a book jacket with some inexpensive IKEA frames.


One thing my sis wanted to include? Her little guy's old swimming float. He and his dad (my super bro-in-law) swim together almost daily in the summer, so we decided to work it in.



I bought a shadowbox at the craft store (40% off, plus my 15% teacher's discount--score!)...


And, voila!


I also bought a few pieces of kid furniture at IKEA. We wanted to make it a place that the big boy likes to spend time...he just turned three. : )


A few more things to come! I'll wait until we finalize a few more things before posting some full-on before and after shots.

4 comments:

Laura O in AK said...

It looks great! Stopping by from the Creative Bloggers hop and following you now.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

I so appreciate you linking up this wonderful post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

R @ Rebecca's Roundup said...

Very fun! Love the boy colors.

Kricia Palmer said...

Really love the framed Eric Carle book jacket...great idea! I'm now following you...
Kricia