Saturday, April 14, 2012

Creepy hand turned jewelry deco

Since I've started doing some DIY jewelry, I've needed to expand my jewelry storage options. I can't even remember how I used to store jewelry. Admittedly, I didn't used to be that into jewelry. I'd wear the same small amount of jewelry day after day.

I was taken my this papier mache hand that I saw at the craft store. I thought it would make a great jewelry display. Jewelry and accessories look great out on display....not just hidden in a box.

So, I bought this hand and a small wooden base. Both totaled about $6 at the craft store.


I hot glued the hand to the base.....


Hit it with some brushed nickel spray paint....and there ya go.


Now it's creepy metallic hand in our bathroom. Or so would think my husband, who is creeped out by the hand mightily....

Party Time......
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
Addicts (not so) Anonymous Addicted to Decorating
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Sunday Salvation at Sassafras Salvation
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time
What I Wore/What's Up Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings
Sunday Roundup at A Rosie Sweet Home
Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

It's better now that it's not flesh-colored. For awhile, I felt like I was living with Jeffrey Dahmer.

Instead, now I feel like I'm living with Jeffrey Dahmer, who went out and purchased some metallic paint.

I try to stay out of that particular bathroom.