Saturday, April 28, 2012

61 and fabulous

My dad turned 61 today. Happy birthday, Dad!




I have learned many, many things from both of my parents and I know I am very fortunate and blessed to still have  both of my parents on earth.

So, while this post could not be long enough to list all of the things I have learned from my dad--or my mom, too--I will share just a few tidbits.

I think we could all write a book about words of wisdom from Dad. My dad knows a lot about a lot of things. So, if you have a question about something, he's a good person to ask. He will tell you what he knows....and what he thinks. : )  My dad works hard and I know few people who put as much into their work as my dad does. So, I feel bad that sometimes I call him just when I have a question about something. I should call him more often just to ask how he's doing and to say "I love you."

But I digress.....one of my favorite bits of wisdom from Dad would be, "It doesn't matter if you have a junky car....you can still keep it clean." I keep my car clutter-free and do the best I can to keep it washed.....which sometimes falls to the bottom of the list when you're chasing kids around.

My dad has taught me a lot of what I know about using tools and how to fix things up. I remember when I had my first condo after moving out of my parents' house after college. Just a single girl trying to fix up her place. I'm pretty good with changing out light fixtures since learning how to wire lights for high school theater shows. So, I bought a ceiling fan. I got my ladder out and started installing. I got stuck when I was trying to mount the base to the electrical box and joists. For some reason, I could not get any screws in to hold it in. My dad came over and helped me. Since then, I've installed 4 or 5 other fans in our subsequent houses. A few months ago, he brought over his mitre saw for me to borrow so I could do some projects. I can't wait to get started with it.

Thanks, Dad. I hope you have a great birthday and I love you.


2 comments:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

I very much appreciate your dad, if only because I would have had to have tried to install 4 or 5 ceiling fans on my own. I'm quite sure one of those attempts would have resulted in my demise.

Decorative Ceiling Fan said...

Jain Electro Mech offers you Decorative Ceiling Fan which is widely used in homes and offices.