Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Treadmill desk

Good morning.....

Here at our house, my husband and I have been trying to make an effort to get moving. Like most, I think, we struggle with trying to stay active and how to fit that in to busy schedules with kids and work.

We have an old treadmill in the basement that used to belong to my parents. It no longer keeps track of your stats, but it works just the same. I don't mind treadmills, but I do get that feeling that I'm a rat on a wheel....

So, I decided to build a little shelf/desk for our treadmill. I bought a piece of wood at the hardware store...it was about $6 for 4'x1.5' I also bought four u-shaped brackets, but ended up using just two. And one small piece of wood that was 1" wide to keep our computers from sliding off the desk.

After cutting the board down to the correct size, I attached it using the u-brackets on the bottom to the handrail of the treadmill. Nailed on the small piece on the front. I also added a piece of rubber shelf stuff so the computers wouldn't slide! (I also stuffed some small pieces of rubber shelf stuff into the brackets to keep them tight)

And the result?



So nice to be walking right next to the furnace! Lol....it's nice, though, I have gotten work done for school, surfed the net and even watch Netflix.....my favorite!

Hello, old episodes of Grey's Anatomy....




I've got a thing for Denny Duquette all over again.....


Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
That DIY Party at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time
What I Wore/What's Up Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings
Sunday Roundup at A Rosie Sweet Home
Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing


1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

Having to exercise while watching Grey's Anatomy is like being sentenced twice.