Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Sunday and other

So, here it is....Super Bowl Sunday. The end of pro football for this year, all the way from last August. Will you be watching?


Truth be told, I like to watch just for the ads. I think I got hooked on this when I was a kid and the Bud Bowl became such a big ad during the game for several years.



For not being their target audience, I sure was hooked. Maybe it worked out for them anyhow, since I've been known to enjoy a few cold ones.

Plus, it is a good excuse to enjoy yourself a bit. So, I picked up a take 'n' bake pizza at Costco yesterday ($3 off) and my man went out last night to pick up some Miller High Life. We classy like that. It is the Champagne of Beers, you know. It makes me wish that the Super Bowl was on a Saturday....so I could enjoy my High Lifes (Lives?) and not worry so much about waking up to teach the youth of America the next morning.

I'm also excited that Downton Abbey is new again tonight. Could it be airing against the Super Bowl because:
a) Brits don't care about the Super Bowl, they have their own football?
b) People who watch public television don't care about the Super Bowl?

I'm not really sure, but I don't care. If you are a Downton watcher, you must check out this blog.....http://www.myfavoriteandmybest.com/  Unbelievable episode recaps. Today's post about Downton's stars is freaking funny.

Besides that, not much else going on. I have a little craft project I have to do--not nearly as enjoyable as ones you choose to do. Perhaps I'll share a pic of the finished product. It has to do with a costume. Intrigued????

Oh, and last night, we were cleaning house--because that's how we rock Sat. night around here--and my husband had cranked up the 80s channel on cable for our cleaning enjoyment. "Talk Dirty to Me" came on, so immediately, all of us rushed to the kitchen to sing along and dance. Complete with brooms posing as guitars. I really love Poison. My favorite tunes for working out. I think Bret Michaels is kind of hot, too.


Here's hoping that my son doesn't go off to school and tell his teacher he loves the song "Talk Dirty to Me." Or "Don't Need Nothin' But a Good Time."

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

You think someone's gonna call Social Services on us for Poison indoctrination at such a young age?