Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stocked up

Growing up, my mom made the cutest, most special stockings for me, my sister and my brother. She is skilled at sewing and although I am learning to sew, I hope to someday be able to sew like she does!

I am excited, though, to have made stockings for our family.....my weapon of choice? Crochet. Now, I am not a crochet expert, but I am fairly competent at following a pattern. I found a pretty easy stocking pattern and customized a bit for each family member.


First, my husband's.....his favorite color is red, so I picked red with white trim and some stitching around the edge.




My son also likes red, but also favors blue. His is a red stocking with a blue cuff. I've been meaning to add a bell at the bottom of his stocking, but have found only dinky, small one!




Now....the girls' stockings are much more fun. For my own, I picked a crushed velvet-looking yarn in dark green with a white cuff. I also added a few pom poms in white!




And my personal favorite is my daughter's.....I chose a raspberry pink for her. I did a simple contrast trim at the top in cream and attached a big crochet flower.




I believe the yarn I used is Lion Brand and it is called "Thick and Quick." Basically, you make two stocking halves and crochet them together.If you would like to have the pattern, I would be happy to share it with you...just send me an email or comment that you would like it. : )



Party Time......
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
Addicts (not so) Anonymous Addicted to Decorating
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Sunday Shake-up at Jacque's Soda Parlor
Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Sunday Salvation at Sassafras Salvation
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time

2 comments:

Kimberly Lewis said...

LOVE the one you made for your daughter! Very pretty and looks nice and simple...just what I like :) Please send me a pattern to acountrywoman@hughes.net
Thank you!
Kimberly

Tulip and Turnip said...

They look adorable! You are so talented!!!