Sunday, December 11, 2011

Rustic wreath...Norwegian style

Hey! Wow....have I been pathetic with posting or what lately? It's not for lack of inspiration or material. I've been like a crazy woman the last week, just trying to get stuff done after the kids are in bed! Online shopping especially. I figure a few late nights now will pay off when it's all done later and I can relaaaaaaaaax.

That word is not quite synonymous with the holidays, so here's hoping.

I decided to make a new wreath to hang on my big mirror over the couch. Lately, I have been obsessed with wreaths hanging on mirrors or windows. I started with a basic wreath I picked up on sale last winter...


Trusty glue gun got heated up to help out.


I had all of these cool straw ornaments that my mom's cousin from South Dakota found when she went picking. She thought the quality of these were quite good and striking with the red thread. I agree!


I really like the look of these ornaments with the red thread! I wish I had some more. : )


I glued them onto the wreath.


I also added a bit of twine for some interest. It is hanging from a red ribbon--which picks up the red in the thread. I also added some beaded garland I bought many years ago from Pottery Barn.....it was a good investment from when I had much more disposable income. ; )


And the display.....


My only beef is that the wreath is a bit too small. A bigger one would fill up the space more. I'm considering buying another of the same size on sale after Christmas and piggybacking it up there underneath the one there for next year. I've seen that a bit around here and there.

Stay tuned this week....more to come. My last day of school is Friday...woo to the hoo!!!!

Party Time......
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
Addicts (not so) Anonymous Addicted to Decorating
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Sunday Shake-up at Jacque's Soda Parlor
Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Sunday Salvation at Sassafras Salvation
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time


1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

I agree: a bigger wreath is the way to go! It'll be even more difficult for me to see my face. :)