I've been watching Project Runway All-Stars a bit since it started.
I'm not 100% sold on it. It's on my B list....it gets watched when all of my other shows have been taken care of. It's a bit like the poor man's Project Runway......Project Accessory was like that, too, but way worse than this go-'round. But for the All-Stars? No Heidi Klum and no Tim Gunn. Makes for a bit of a dry show. The only thing I do enjoy is some of the people they have brought back.
First of all, the host......Angela Lindvall--pretty and not bad. Better than the Accessory host (who was wooden, not exciting at all and I cannot remember her name) but how can you follow H.K. and be better? Not possible.
I think one of my main beefs with this show is that some of the people aren't....well, all-stars. It's almost like some of the people who truly qualified to be an all-star didn't want to do it, so they went to their B list. Here are my non-all star people:
- Elisa--very weird. Anyone surprised she was eliminated first? I am surprised that she wasn't kept longer just for the entertainment value.
- Jerell--I don't even remember you or what season you were on, so clearly you cannot be all-star material.
- Sweet P--I think the name is a bit annoying and I don't recall her being that great the first time she was on.
- Kara--annoying. I am incredulous that she was not eliminated this week. Another who was not really a standout the first time around. Her fashion style leaves something to be desired as well. Although I'm not a fashion designer....I don't think it's unreasonable to expect fashion designers to be....well, fashionable?
- Kenley--also annoying to me. Always makes the same thing. Reincarnated from the '50s.
- April--although I like her toughness and how buff she is, I can't get over her hair. It looks like Kelly Obsbourne's right now (did you see her on the Globes red carpet?)....a mix between purple and grey.
- Gordana--very likable and nice, but her designs are not so memorable.
And....the mucho all-stars:
- Austin Scarlett--love, love, LOVE. One of my favorites ever. Love the flamboyancy. But he needs to lose the porn 'stache.
- Rami--although not much in the personality department, I like his clothes. One of the talented who never won.
- Anthony--hilarious. Cracked me up before and now. Not that he's that great of a designer, but he's funny as hell.
- Michael C.--love his clothes. I don't think he got the credit he deserved his first time...they got a lot of play off the drama between him and the other designers. I think he's kind of sweet and I root for him.
- Mondo--one of my favorites ever. He always has a different perspective with his designs. I like how he and Michael C. are buddies.
So, we will see what happens....