Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Designer colors

As the landscape is going to bed, the leaves are putting on a show....it makes for a wistful show, knowing that the trees will be bare for several months. 

We have two maple trees in the backyard. It's interesting to me that they don't turn colors at the same time.....it must have something to do with soil temperature and sunlight exposure. The tree below is further back in the backyard. The one that is closer to the house is nearly depleted of leaves, so I did not take any pictures of that one!


Here it is, backlit by the sun.



The coloration on my new Endless Summer hydrangea is quite striking! It is also continuing to grow blooms. It's been in the ground for only two or three months, so I'll be interested to see how it does after a whole year's growth cycle.


I can't get enough of the veining and the faded color through the leaves.


These are the two spireas that are in the side garden. The golden and red color is stunning!




Here is the other one, just coming on with the golden leaves and still having a touch of green.


I hope some trees and shrubs near you are putting on a show! I find myself noticing trees that  just blend into the landscape the rest of the year.....: )

3 comments:

lo @ crazy ever after said...

I wish I had a backyard with beautiful plants like these. I had a modest container garden this summer on our patio. Everything is done for the season, but I made sure to clip some of my coleus plant. I put it in a small vase and it is still kickin'. It's my reminder of summer. Hopefully it lasts through the long, cold Minnesota winter.

PS--thanks for the comment on my blog tonight. You're too sweet. I left a hint as to who it was in a comment.

Andie Jaye said...

i love the gorgeous colors of fall too!

S. Yissele said...

Hi! I like your Blog! I following your Blog (GFC)! I hope your visit! Have a Great Week!

Namaste!
http://mamiholisticaygenial.blogspot.com/