2010 was the first full year in our new house. We enjoyed it so much....the summer of 2009 was so busy, since we moved in June--while we had a five-month old baby! So, needless to say, this last year was more relaxing and fun. Some things we did:
- Replaced carpet in our living room, since our old carpet got dirty about three seconds after we had it cleaned.
- That project inspired us to start fresh in our living room and we installed a new shelf unit to cover one wall....we LOVE it! This took the place of our behemoth entertainment center that didn't really work well in our new house.
- Painted the living room/kitchen (color--Behr "Island Palm").
- Had new garden beds dug around the perimeter of the house and expanded in the front...plus, added new shrubs and perennials.
- Built two raised vegetable beds behind the garage...the big one is mine and the small one belongs to my best little helper.
- Planted two street trees--Amelanchier 'Autumn Brilliance' aka Serviceberry. I really can't wait until these bloom this spring!
- Painted the office (color-- Behr "Witch Hazel"). Pics of this room coming soon.
Today, Christmas begins to come down. I have a few ideas for some winter-inspired decor that is not Christmas-y. I'll share!