Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cut flowers #3

Good evening, all. I hope all of you lovely people have been doing well! I've finally come up for air. ; ) The beginning of school always throws me for a loop. It's a bit crazy, trying to get back into the routine. I know you all feel my pain! We also have a few mid-September birthdays, so once we get going with school, we have birthday plans right around the corner. More on that to come.

The garden is winding down a bit, especially since the growing season has been a bit long this year. There are a few plants certainly showing it. I cut some flowers for my son's party this weekend and I thought I'd share them with you.

First up, I have some potted sedums that are in flower. These stems came from some of my mom's plants at her cabin. I don't often cut sedum, but they look nice.



Vinca. These plants last quite a long time in a vase and usually root in the water.....and then you could pot them up.



My cosmos are still going strong and looking good! I have a few different colorations that have emerged and I'm pretty partial to these.



The sunflowers are petering out. They have been going strong all summer--until now--and this vaseful was about as many nice-looking blooms as I could find.



Last but not least, my fave of the group. Salvia, caryopteris (blue mist) and perennial salvia with sweet potato vine. Why have I never used the sweet potato vine in a little vase?



It's time to squeeze as much as we can out of the garden for the next several weeks until frosts come.....: )


Party Time......
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Share Day at Just a Girl
Simply Creations Link Party at Simple Home Life
Addicts (not so) Anonymous Addicted to Decorating
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming
Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop at Homemaker on a Dime
Tip-Toe Thru Tuesday at Crayon Freckles
Pinspirational Thursday at The Artsy Girl Connection
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Sunday Salvation at Sassafras Salvation
Tuesday Talent Show at Chef n Training
Flaunt Your Flowers  at Tootsie Time
What I Wore/What's Up Wednesday at Rae Gun Ramblings
Sunday Roundup at A Rosie Sweet Home
Overflowing with Creativity at It's Overflowing
Manic Monday at Silo Hill Farm
Mannequin Monday at Artsy Girl Connection

1 comment:

Fred Reeder Jr. said...

I love sunflowers, but what I don't love are the little yellow seeds they spill all over the place. Rather rude of them, if you ask me.