Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hey! Happy St. Pat's to you. Or should I say....top o' the mornin'!


We had some fun at school this week, learning about Irish music and learning an easy Irish circle dance. They have some beautiful music and instruments in their music.




I have a new houseplant....one of those shamrock plants. My friend very thoughtfully gave it to me to thank her for helping her out at school last week. I love it! I've never had one of these before and I really like trying out new houseplants. 


Many people don't grow houseplants because they don't have a green thumb....but there are some super easy plants to grow. Houseplants improve the quality of the air inside your house.


Here is my plant....I put it in an old antique crock.




I'm enjoying it on the counter for a bit before I'll find a permanent home for it. It's pretty cool...the leaves close up at night and then open back up in the morning.


I guess it's the plant's way of saying "top o' the mornin' ".....: )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this plant... I was thinking about getting one. Just might now. :)