Monday, August 27, 2012

Big city adventure

Well, summer is certainly winding down. School is back in session here and while it's a bit of a shock to the system, it's also nice to have the kids on a routine again. 

I have a few new followers....WELCOME! Thanks for reading. I'd love to follow you back...please make sure I can easily link up to your blog as well if you have one.


We went to see a Reds game on Sunday--our first as a family this year. A good time was had by all, though it was a bit hot and the game was a bummer.



The kids love seeing big boats on the river.



I think they most enjoyed the interactive fountain after the game....







They have a brand new park down by the river and I really want to go back in the evening...the fountains are supposed to light up and be beautiful.



A shot of the Roebling suspension bridge.




They also had some great pot combinations...really digging this orange-y/yellow combo.



Very cool topiary look.







I'd like to try cannas in my garden or pots someday....



These planter boxes are really striking.



See the little surprise someone planted in that one?? I've been known to do that myself around my garden at times...



The kids loved this helmet we saw.



Have a good week, everyone!!

1 comment:

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Ha! That helmet is hilarious!

What gorgeous plants...sigh.