Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunset Cruise and Lace Coasters

Whew....what a draining week! I feel like this week was nonstop...and Monday was a holiday! : )

 I recently got to spend an evening in the company of my girls....that would be my mom and my sister. It really was such a treat and something we should do more often.

I spent the night at my mom and dad's lake cabin and my sister and her husband have a place a few doors down. No husbands or kids allowed! We took a sunset cruise on the boat with cocktails. A fun time was had by all.


Those are our matching lake t-shirts. We bought them at the craft show at the lake last year. We were also really jealous of these people...


...who seemed to be having a super fun party. It looked like a luau. I wish we could have crashed it!

I thought I'd share with you a pretty and easy project my sister did! She made these coasters....



So cute! She was inspired by Martha Stewart Living, where they explained it step-by-step. She used spray adhesive to put the lace on a ceramic tile, then spray painted on top of it. Depending on the lace, spray paint color and tile color, the possibilities are endless.

And if lace is not your thing, you could do the same with a mesh fabric. Especially if you wanted a more contemporary look. Genius!!


That girl is gettin' her craft on!!

No comments: